- November 1, 2019
- Posted by: Ramkumar
- Category: Digital Transformation
Why Digital experience platforms is vital
Today’s enterprises are facing cut throat competition. Hence companies are not only focusing on the services rendered to customers but also give an equal emphasis on how the services are delivered. In today’s competitive environment, companies need to package their offerings with superior digital experience that are memorable and at the same time relevant.Firms need to streamline their efforts to deliver a seamless and unified digital experiences to stakeholders.When we refer digital experience, it includes not only customers but employees and partners.
Enterprises in the past have used point solutions like CRM platforms, campaign management tools and other experience management solutions.Since these solutions were often disjointed and incompatible, they invariably created more problems instead of providing solutions.
Digital Experience Platforms overview
- In order to address the problems of the point solutions, companies like Adobe, Oracle and Salesforce have come up with a platform dedicated for providing superior digital experiences to stakeholders. This platform otherwise referred to as a Digital experience platform is a comprehensive suite of solutions that enables enterprises to deliver a content rich, stakeholder driven digital experience encompassing all digital touchpoints.
- The main function of the Digital experience platforms is to address major pain points in Content management, brand management and digital ecommerce so that enterprises can create business value through a well structured and unified experience.
- Let us look at these modules that Digital experience platforms look to address.
- Content management is very important in order to provide the right messaging to the customer at a right time.
- A Digital experience platform offers various services across the content management lifecycle such as dynamic templates for designers, a library of frequently used content, widgets and tools for reviewing and publishing content to multiple platforms. This services will help enterprise effectively and centrally manage the content they publish.
- A Brand engagement activates a relationship between the customer and brand.Companies with strong brand values have a close relationship with their customers with many customers having an emotional attachment towards that brand.Apple is one example which has triggered multiple emotions from pride to satisfaction to loyalty with its customer base.
- A digital experience platform unlocks numerous aspects of brand engagement across functions including marketing, advertising, sales and experience management. The digital experience platform comes up with capabilities like end to end campaign automation followed by drag and drop tools to design customer journey maps.This enables an experiences as a service for enterprises.
- A digital experience platform also has tools to help deliver a data driven experience across the customer experience value chain by enabling functions such as sales, marketing, merchandising and content publishing via different modules.
Leading Digital Experience Platform Providers
- Due to the demand from customers to have an unified digital experience, many companies have built their own DXP platforms.Most of the DXP currently available in the market have very basic functionality and services.A superior Digital experience starts from providing basic functionalities such as data management and then enhance their functionality all the way to managing brand perception of an enterprise.
- The leading DXP providers are able to provide ancillary value added services on the top of the basic services provided.These value added services are Omnichannel services, API Integration and tools for improved developer experience.
- The current market leaders in Digital experience platforms are Adobe, Oracle, SAP and Salesforce. These companies are constantly adding more functionality to enhance its features and experience.They have build low to no code approach by providing services such as What you see is What you get interfaces, drag and drop functionality and templates to create new experience.This reduces the designer team’s dependency on development team and also improve the overall efficiency of the experience delivered.
- The top providers have built tools for end to end customer journey for omnichannel mapping.They have come up with win scores which can help teams prioritize sales opportunities and probability metrics to measure the experience developed.They also use AI technology for content creation, event based automation and advanced analysis solutions.
- Digital experience platforms is going to be the future as they help enterprises eliminate fragmented solutions – CRM platforms, campaign management tools and data management platforms that are not interoperable, for enabling different aspects of Digital experience.
- A DXP is an efficient way for enterprises to leverage a platform based approach to deliver a superior stakeholders experience.